Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I like Valentines Day because it always means a fun night out on the town and a good meal (I can usually talk Lance into something expensive on V-day). We had a fun one this year. We started the day with pink, heart pancakes . . .


Then we heart attacked all the bedroom doors for each other with love messages . . .

Then the kids had a treasure hunt to find their V-Day gifts (here they are on their marks to start) . . .

Zoey got "Troy" slippers and a mini cabbage patch doll and Zane got Heelys . . .

And here's my Valentine, Chubs, and my main Valentine, Lance. We had a terrific night out at Tucano's, thanks Lance. My 5 favorite things about my main Valentine: he LOVES me, he makes me laugh everyday (but honestly Lance, the back-hair jokes are getting old), he works so hard to provide a wonderful life for us, he is really an amazing dad, we just have great times together. Basically we were made for each other, no one else could stand to live with either one of us!! Ha Ha. Love ya Babe! Now I have to go cuz it's time for some REAL adult time, HAPPY V.D. EVERYONE!

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, what a great mom you are! Such fun activities for the kids, and sounds like some REAL fun activities for Lance! (glad we finally get to see a picture of him!)

Kim said...

Happy Valentines Day! Sounds like the Roses went all out for the occasion! Zoey made Abbie's day yesterday with her cute Valagram. Thank you that was so thoughtful! And thank you for the invite last night. Sounds like you had a great time. Lances dream... MEAT!! We love the Roses!

Tanya said...

You went all out for Valentines! You are fun. Ok, two things. Did your mom really lose your wedding dress? It's got to be around somewhere, right??!! And do you really think Tucano's is expensive? I am restaurante el cheapo, but eat at Tucano's quite often - prob once every other month (garlic steak my fav!). But now that I think about it, we usually eat there for lunch which I think is about $12. Is dinner much more?

Palinista! said...

Tanya, ok no I didn't mean Tucano's is really one of the expensive places. Other years we've gone to The Roof or Carvers or Chef's Table. Although Tucano's was $50 before tip so it is more for dinner. That is funny that it came out that way. None of those places are that much, we ate in Seattle last time we were there and I think our meal was like $300, now that is expensive!

Palinista! said...

About the wedding dress, we seriously can't find it. I think she took it to the cleaners after my wedding and forgot to pick it up - how else could it get lost?

Tanya said...

I am dying about your wedding dress. I bet your mom feels horrible. Ok, so I know your fine dining tastes, so that is what I was expecting...a Chef's Table (guess that's about all we have around here) but I think a dinner at Tucano's is GREAT. I love that place. Or maybe you flew to NYC for dinner! JK. Hope you had some fun adult time :)

Colett (*.*) said...

It's so good to know that we are not the only ones dealing with back hair issues!! ha ha

Heather said...

Love your family!!! It's so much fun, as a mom, to see your kids get excited and have fun over traditions and the simple things we do for them. Cute kids...

STEPHANIE said...

I absolutely love your header and background! Did you have it custom made? Sounds like you had an awesome Valentines!

Shannon said...

yeah i love your header--how did you do that? looks like some fun v-day games....can't wait to see what you post next--hopefully soon! p.s. thanks for the most awesome heart attack--it was the only valentine i got! (oh sad)