Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Zoey's Moment

And so I'm back, from outer space, you just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face (the sad look is due to the lack of attention my blog has received) BUT I will survive . . . anyway, sorry V for the lack of posts but I am really deliberating my posts because I am sick of posting about kids and their activities all the time and I've been out of town and been in hibernation over a couple of really bad migraines anyway, so here I go with another post about kid acitivites . . . but these ARE special and come back soon cuz I am posting about my fab Alaskan get away.



Zoey's artistic year culminated in two events; her art show, May 10, and her dance concert, May 17. She was SO excited for both, she lives for art class each week and spends several hours a day coloring and drawing. Here are a couple of examples of her work at the show (she painted the teddy bear):






Below, she is preparing for her Enchanted "Happy Little Working Song" dance number.



Waiting for their curtain call . . .

Marlee and Zoey after

12 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Cute girl-and talented! I'm excited to see your Alaska pictures so I can live through your fun travels because I never go anywhere. BTW, I have missed you posting more often and your comments on my blog-which I especially love!

Vanessa said...

I have missed your commments as well, they are always so witty and not like the rest! I love the sea of pink waiting for the curtain call. Zoey is multi-talented! If there were a Fame school around, she should go to it!

Shannon said...

The art show was so awesome---and I especially love that now her room is a mini-gallery. Sad I missed the dance. Can't win them all....

Shauna said...

Zoey you are so dang cute! I also LOVE your pictures, you are very talented!

Kim said...

I am so impressed with the Art. She looked so stinking cute that night too! I'm sure her dancing was equally as amazing. Does she get her dance moves from her mom or dad? I too have been checking to see some Alaska highlights.

Mindy said...

So cute in her dance costume!! I had no idea you had such an artist at your house! Those pictures are great! And I can't wait to see all your pics from your vacation.

Anonymous said...

What a precious pie. I'm sorry I'm the bad aunt that missed both events, but I would definitely have to say Zoester the Toaster gets her art from her mother and her dance moves from her father. It is a rare occasion to see Lance bust a move, but he could blow us all away with his skills.
Lindsey

Julie said...

Zoey is so talented! I didn't realize she was so artistic! Way to go Zoey!

Lisa said...

Wow! I too didn't know how talented zoey was. Those pics are awesome.

Heather said...

Zoey is quite the little artist! I love the way your frames turned out, it finished off her art work just perfect. Love the dance recital they both did so good.

Tanya said...

What a gal! And adorable to top it off. Is her painting class at Thanksgiving Pt?

LeAnn said...

Zoey is very talented--her pics are awesome! Love the cute dance costumes as well!