Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yes, I did go camping . . .

I will camp for boating trips, that's it! Although we stayed in a large cabin with our own bed/bath suite at Pallisades, I consider it camping because: there were lots of bugs, not much counter space in the kitchen, no central air conditioning, no T.V. (well there was a TV, but only to watch movies). That is what I call roughing it! Here are Zane Zoey and Grandpa West on the swimming dock.
Here's me in a swimming suit:
See, we really do ride on the boat AND drink diet coke (this pic wasn't even staged) it's Allyson and Mikey btw.


This lake and the scenery are so amazingly beautiful. This lake has special medicinal qualities too, like if you have an injury and need to ice that injury, you can soak in the lake. It's better than an ice pack and just as cold since this water was snow like 5 minutes ago. It's located across the Idaho boarder outside of Jackson Wy.
Yep, these are the only pics I took of the whole trip. See, I only participated the first day as I had a monster headache the rest of the trip. While I was inside in a dark, cool room drugged, everyone else was river rafting on the snake and 4-wheeling and boating it was a total bummer. The kids had fun though, maybe next year . . .

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, you look great in a swimsuit! Keep up the good work!

BTW, you won an awesome title and gift over on my blog, so you need to check it out.

STEPHANIE said...

Sorry you had a headache! What a bummer! Sweet suit-where did you find it?

Shannon said...

just for the record i have been stopping to smell the roses a little more lately than before. guess what--hotel monaco has free internet!! i like your pictures. espesh the one of mikey mad b/c he has to go boating (assuming that's what it is). tell zoey i'm sad i missed her tonight--tell she can move in on Sunday.

Palinista! said...

She came back home actually, then she said in her pouty whine, "it's just that I want to see shanny and I need to go to her house, I never get to see her" she's having withdrawls so you'd better give her some TLC to make up for your absence.

LeAnn said...

LOL! That was rough!! No wonder you had a headache. Bummer you missed the fun and beauty, at least you got the fabulous pic in your swimsuit!

Lisa said...

Okay, Hillary you need to experience what "rough" is. Sleeping in a cabin is not camping! You've got to do something about those headaches of yours - You're missing out on all the fun!

Colett (*.*) said...

I agree w/ Lisa, anywhere that has counter space and a kitchen is NOT camping, but good for you for going anyway. Also I'm thinking we should re-use your swimming pool float for the parade next week!

Hills said...

I'm glad you posted about your trip. When I was talking to you the other day you asked how my trip was and didn't ask about yours. I wanted to here how it all went down...the camping mainly. This is what I think, you tried it the first day and thought to yourself, "You know this really isn't for me." Then you faked a headache the rest of the time. Drugs would help to make camping bearable, nice touch! This is exactly what I would've done this is why I recognize your action. Brilliant! :)

Kim said...

You forgot to mention to me that you had a headache the whole trip. What a bummer. Next year you can come to Flaming Gorge with me and I will show you what Camping is all about.

Heather said...

What a lucky girl to have a cabin in the family at Pallisades. It is one gorgeous place to go exotic camping (that's what I call your kind of camping... in a cabin). :) I love that place, the water the trees the mountains it doesn't get any better than that. It makes me sad you didn't get to enjoy your annual trip because I know you look forward to it. It looks like your kids had fun thanks to your fam.