Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Friday, June 20, 2008

Who's Watching?

So You Think You Can Dance . . .

I don't know how I would survive the summer heat if not for this, dubbed "The Best Reality Show Ever Invented" by Moi of course. This season has already been amazing, if you are not watching on Wed and Thurs nights then I'll catch you up with some highlights:

Here is Kourtni Lind my fave dancer. Not because she resembles Uma Thurman (although that is cool) but because she's so cool, awesome style, amazing dancer and she's 5'9" I LOVE watching tall dancers. It's tough to get control of a body that big but once they do it is the most beautiful thing. Plus her partner is from Salt Lake. I've been rooting for her since her first audition in Milwakee and just read her bio she's so artistic and sweet.

Here she is at work (sorry the quality on these pics sucks)
I also love Twitchington! They are presh - love the fake glasses and their Celine number was a season highlight for sure.
This was my fave couples dance so far. Untouched by The Veronicas is the song (coming up on my SYTYCD playlist) the judges totally panned it, I think it was artistically over their heads because the concept was incredible. Thayne makes a perfect King Louis with his femmy shortness - costumes and make-up were fierce! The more I watch it the more I realize the complexity of the movement including the juxtaposition of the old 16th century moves with the modern music and moves. Mandy Moore is my ab fave since last season's "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This."

And to Wade Robson "Ya did me proud Mister" with the first group number incidentally the best group number this show has seen in four seasons! I have always loved Robyn but set to Wade's "ridiculous" choreography her Cobra took on a whole new Style.

I didn't get her pic but I'm also rooting for Chelsea Hightower of course since she's from P.G. Now here is my challenge. SYTYCD is looking for "happy dances" so am I . . . I will post mine before the season ends who else is up for it? If you post your happy dance on your blog, leave me a comment then myself and my small panel of judges will decide a winner, the prize being a SYTYCD related item. Go For It!

PS - What has gotten into Mia Michaels, raunchy angry chick! She has fallen off my "hot tamale train".

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your favorite word is: juxtaposition. Loved Twitchington, that was my favorite of the week. Really loved Chelsie H's Argentine Tango! And I'm really glad to finally see a post from you.

PS, Mia bugs!! And Mary, come on! Her voice is annoying. She is an uglier version of Marie Osmond. Sorry Osmond lovers!

Lisa said...

I haven't been watching it much. Once Kourtnie got booted off I haven't been able to get into it. I do hear it's pretty entertaining to watch according to Todd - go figure!

STEPHANIE said...

I LOVE SYTYCD to! You crack me up-you and your big words. Juxtaposition-I admit it I had to look it up in the dictionary(online of course.) You did a great overview and I agree with most of what you said. Funny, cause I made a post about this to(started it last night but didn't get it posted until tonight.) I agree with the Mary and Mia comments! FYI, you can make your pictures look better if you click on them to make them bigger before you download them. HA, HA,HA-go see mine!

Palinista! said...

Thanks for the advice, Steph. I actually tried to do that but they still came across like this - you'll have to show me, I'm not very technical.

Yes, Juxtaposition is my fave word - it's kind of a running joke in my writing and I use it whenever I can. Just to crack myself up.

Hills said...

I know right...I've never watched this show until this season. So I wasn't sure if it was natural for Mia to be so mean, but I have to admit her choreographing is pretty cool. Our favorite is "Twitchington" Although I am really liking Joshua and Katee for some reason. I want to like them less than what I do, but they have good chemistry and they surprise me every time.

I do love the music. I wanted to take note of all the music and burn a cd or something. Most of the songs I haven't heard before now.

I can't wait to see your happy dance! I'm a bit shy so I probably won't be posting one, but I'll keep it in mind, I might surprise you!

Heather said...

My sister is going crazy because we haven't been watching. So we need to start the recording... Baseball has been consuming my life, love it but so many games with three kids. Happy Dance... interesting

Shannon said...

you already posted my happy dance so i'll probably just stick w/that....well unless the prize is like 2 all expense paid trips to the finale. we'l see....anyway i agree w/most of this, as you can see on my blog, except the part about the group dance. i liked that one but it's not even my fave wade dance--i liked the zombie one last year and sexy back both better. i also loved the kourtni/matt fox trot. they are so fun to watch. i really would die w/out this show each summer!

Colett (*.*) said...

Alright, I am out of the loop, I don't watch SYTYCD or the bachelor/ette. But I still had to leave a comment because it's been so long since your last post.

Kim said...

You know I haven't been watching it much either. But if there was someone to win a happy dance it might be me!!!

Shauna said...

I was so mad because this past week my TIVO didn't record SYTYCD, oh man was I mad.

jeanette said...

I consider myself a true fan of the show, but wow I think you have me beat. I usually just say I liked it or didn't like it. I have to say that I'm really liking Katee, Chelsea, Wil, Kerington, and Twitch. Can't wait to see your happy dance!!!!

Unknown said...

We are big fans of the show too. It's hard to say who the winner will be now that it down to the last 6, however I'm not a big fan of Mark. I am excited to catch your happy dance, but you only have a couple more weeks to get your routine together.