Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Monday, June 30, 2008

Here's what we do in the summertime when all the world is green . . .

We don't fish in a stream, but we lazily dream in the yard as the clouds go by . . .
(Below: Jordan, Truxton, Austin, Zane, Chaz, Benson)
We swim in a pool (and a lake :) to keep ourselves cool . . .
(Above: Zane at lessons Below: Zoey, Brynnley, Zane)
We don't march in parades or drink lemonade, but we do ride in the boat and . . . .
(Above: Zane, Bryn, Zoey, Austin Below: Jeff, Grandpa West)

Drink Diet Coke!!! We also . . . play with our Aunt . . .

and water our plants . . . (I wanted to show my cute pots)
We also go to the carnival (Strawberry Days Ally, Carm, Chubs, Mikey, Zane, Zoey)




And play LOTS of baseball . . .




The winners are . . . THE CUBS! Jordan, Max, Trux, and Zane
That's all for my clever rhyming and cute little song, ha ha below are some extras and other fun things we like to do . . .
(Zoey, Bryn, and Marlee)
Zoey and Abbigail
We love to ride bikes . . .



And ride on Big Bertha! (Austin and Zane, Zoey and Bryn)
Oh, and of course water ski - sorry, not me, this is Jeff. I won't allow myself to be photo'ed water skiing until I lose a few more lb's but . . .
as a teaser, here's some of my spray and I have to say that after 3 babies and a 2 year break, and being middle aged I popped out of the water like a teenager! woo!
I just thought this was a cool pic of Jeff by moi with the sun on the H2O etc. Now I'm a photog.
Jeff was very good tonight.

14 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Fun post! Your pots are cute! Love the waterskiing pictures. At least you can water skii-I've only been once and only gotten up once.

Vanessa said...

One of my favorite primary songs! You are so clever. I still have the image in my mind of you and Shannon slalom skiing together on some YW/YM activity. You were my idols. Still are, I still can't get up on the ski's!

Vanessa said...

and ps, love your playlist!

Heather said...

So why can't we be kids again!! Love the pics, the cute pots and the creative little song. Fun fun at the Roses all the time. The boating pics were so cute with all those smiles. It doesn't surprise me you got right up out of the water, I've seen you snow ski pregnant!

Colett (*.*) said...

I love your pots, I am not the only one who is not afraid of a little color! I am impressed at your skiing, I have never been able to get up, lame, I know.

Mindy said...

So much fun! I love how creative you always are with what you write, I am always entertained with it and jealous because I wish I was more that way! Oh, and BTW, love your pots they look great.

Kim said...

What a summer so far and July is just begining! Looks like you had fun boating on Monday night. It ended up to be a perfect night on the lake! I want to know if Lance won you a teddy bear at the carnival? I'm sure he had lots of practice of hitting the cans back in the day trying to impress the ladies. Your Pots do look fabulous! They are so you! Can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings at the Roses. :)

Rynell said...

What a great summertime post! Looks like tons of fun.

Your pots are awesome and so is your artistic photo.

Shannon said...

my fave pic is the one of the chub in the sea of the big boys. cute pics and recap of summer so far.

jeanette said...

You are really raising the bar for all of us to have more creative posts. Very cute! Thanks again for taking Brynn boating. She was just saying today that she can't wait until she can go again.

Lisa said...

Very clever with your post. I've told you already how much I love your pots but I'm telling you again. Everytime I see them I want to paint mine. Thanks again for taking Austin boating. I hope he didn't ruin Zane's fun by being a baby. He did love it and thinks he's a pro boater now - yeah right!

Anonymous said...

I try to comment here and it does not work sometimes. Anyway, just wanted to compliment your Perfect summer lovin' post. I love all the pics of the sweeties. they are all so beautiful and sun-kissed! Good job w/ the skiing. I am further satisfied in my decision to quit all sports or activity of any kind as the competition is too fierce. I'll just have to settle for being the pretty one i guess....
Lindsey

Palinista! said...

Good one lindz, you used to be the smart one too but then you were on probation . . .

Julie said...

Love the post. You stole my idea! I have been planning to do one on What We Do in the Summertime. I know it would have never turned out that cute though. Oh well, back to the drawing board!