Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesdays with Grandma.

My Mom and Grandma are so amazing, every Tuesday my Mom has my kids and my sister Allyson's kids over for the day so we can do errands and work, etc. My Grandma comes down all the way from Salt Lake to help, and this just isn't a day of babysitting, oh no, they usually make a craft and do some baking while there. Sometimes they make cookies but each week they have made whole wheat bread and send us home with a fresh loaf. Occasionally my Mom even cooks up a batch of soup or lasagna or something and sends us each home with our dinner for the night. The kids all look forward to Tuesdays with their Grammas all week. I know, don't be jealous everyone, I have totally been blessed w/my Mommy and Gramma and this just scratches the surface of the ways in which they serve us. Thank you so much Mom and Gramma I love you guys (and not just because of this :).
Zoey, Carmindy, G-ma Great, Chubs, Micah, and G-ma West.
Carmindy LOVES to see baby Chaz, she smothers him with her love - she is giving him a hug here.
Here they are at their coloring table after Zane got home from school.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

i think it's so cool that they love grandma tuesday so much! and these pictures make it easy to understand why!

STEPHANIE said...

Thats awesome! I would love a regular break like that! Especially if it also included dinner(I love when anyone cooks for me because I'm not really a fan of cooking but I love to eat.)

Vanessa said...

They will have such good memories of their grandmas! Especially their great-gma. I have some good memories of mine. You wish they could be around forever!

Colett (*.*) said...

I know you said don't be jealous but c'mon, that is such a gift, WOW!

Mindy said...

What a fun grandma, and great grandma. Your kids will remember that forever. And what a nice break for you!!! What would we do with out our moms????

Tanya said...

Ok, so I AM jealous! What a great mom and grammy. Your kids will remember these tuesdays for the rest of their lives.

Nate and Sina said...

Umm...your playlist is the ONLY blog "stereo" I don't immediately mute. But, shhhh! Don't tell Shannon. Great tunes, seriously playing it in the background while I surf the internet.

Kim said...

Your family is amazing. I love how all of you are so close. Your mom is one of a kind. Thanks for offering to have her help me Friday morning.

Kim said...

Your family is amazing. I love how all of you are so close. Your mom is one of a kind. Thanks for offering to have her help me Friday morning.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that pic of Carmy and "Chubbies" (I learned that name from your daughter). But it seems Carmy is just following instinct at an early age because it's hard not to want to love him and squeeze him and smother him to death because he is so precious. I'm glad they're becoming friends now so later he can teach her how to smile.

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Hillary,

Mom and I looked at your blog and read the comments today. I guess that means that we ALL are blessed to have each other. We think it is a joy to spend time w/ the sweeties.

V&L

Heather said...

Love your adorable kids and yes I'm jealous too. Your mom is awesome and I love how close your family is even great grandma comes to help. I'm loving the baking lessons too.

JaMie HeApS said...

love grandma out days, just need to figure how to make them happen more often. and the st george trip looked liek a blast , i could go enjoy that warm weather.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool your mom and g-ma do that--good bonding time! I'm glad you changed the settings so I can finally leave a comment!! =)Your blog is so darn cute! I love the layout! You always have the cutest pictures of your kids!
LeAnn