Why do they call it the Emerald Isle?

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Special Birthday.

Today (March 21) is a birthday for two special people! We always celebrate double on this day and it was a big one for my Mom so we went all out! Mom, I can't believe you've lived uhhh years, you have aged very gracefully! I love you so much and I'm very thankful for all you've done for me - my appreciation is magnified immensly now that I am raising an oldest child, whew you must've had some patience. I have so many wonderful memories of you:

  • Patiently teaching me to cook, sew, play the piano, arrange dried flowers :)
  • Spending your summers in the blistering sun for the softball tourneys
  • Taking us to the beach, library, and park on our dedicated weekly outings
  • Cooking breakfast at the park while we played on the swings
  • Spending all those hours on the boat (while you HATED it) holding the orange flag
  • Teaching by example to love your family and serve selflessly

Those are just a few things that barely scratch the surface of my growing up memories. Most of all, I always felt that I had your full attention and support even though you had 5 of us in 9.5 years - how DID you do that? Here is my song for you, such a "Good Mother" - Thank you!

Me, and the kids at the birthday dinner (Market Street Grill) eating our delish choc cake from Magelby's.

Here are the birthday boy and girl at Market Street Grill for dinner. We had a fun day together with lunch and Mani - Pedi's before dinner.

The whole group at Market Street.

Surprisingly they do make quite a cute couple . . . :) (This is my bro Jeff and bro-in-law Kyle by the way) Two CEO's Jeff is a co-CEO I guess, Dyreng-West and Kyle of Kyco Services (surely you've heard of it by now).

About to open presents, one for Zoey, a few for Zane. He had a fun b-day for the big #7. Thursday we took a few friends to "Horton hears a Who" and to Smokehouse for pizza after. He loves being with his friends, of course I forgot my camera for this event. Friday morning before school he and I went to Kneaders for his favorite french toast - it was nice having the one on one time to start a busy day.


Zane with his MP3 player, snowboarding backpack (cuz you have to stay hydrated), dinosaur book and slime science kit with Shanny. She loaded all his fave songs on the player.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Can't believe how big Zane is! It seemed like just yesterday I was at his baby shower! And you do have a wonderful mom! Looks like a fun celebration!

Hills said...

Hillary...you look to have a really amazing family, which explains a lot! I'm glad Zane and your Mom had such a great day! I need to get your email address to add to my now private blog. Happy Easter!

Shannon said...

it was a super fun day! how is zane so tan? it's only march!

Colett (*.*) said...

I loved all the things you said about your mom! I'm gonna steal that blog idea for mother's day. Happy birthday to them both.

Kim said...

Zane, how did Max get so lucky to have such an awesome friend? He had so much fun at your party. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a lot of celebrating this weekend with 2 birthday's and Easter. You do have a fabulous mom. Where was Lance at the party? I wanted to tell you that you looked so skinny on sunday. What have you been doing? I was happy to see you singing in the choir! I know what a fab. voice you have and have always wondered why you weren't singing with them. Looks like you had a great weekend.

Palinista! said...

Kim, you are too nice I have been wasting away to nothing so I made sure to get my caloric intake up this past weekend. I wouldn't want to get to thin and make all you girls jealous! The main reason I don't sing in the choir usually . . . practice at 9 am on Sundays.

Vanessa said...

Kim, you are right. Hillary has the voice of an angel. She can harmonize the heck out of anything!

Laurie P. said...

You truly have an amazing mom and family. I always loved my days at the West's house. Ver has a way of making everyone feel special and unique. A great post indeed!